BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 15, 2009

A prairie legacy series

I read this series of books when I was a sophomore in high school, and I knew I needed to re-read it again. This series has a lot of strong ties for me, since the general story plot of the last two books revolves around a little adopted girl named Mindy. I was adopted at 4 hours old, so this book had personal ties. I love how strong Virginia becomes throughout the book...oftentimes sacrificing what she wants for what God wants and for the needs of others. If you want a light read, I'd recommend these books, though I must warn you that some of the subject material in there should warrant a slightly older age of readers. There's some alcohol abuse chapters, and while these are handled in a negative ligjavascript:void(0)ht, some of them can be slightly intense.

0 comments: