BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 26, 2009

Nightmare Academy/A Long Fatal Love Chase

Both of these books are fiction, yet both Amazing.

Nightmare Academy is a ficticious book by Frank paretti. I'm not going to spend much time talking about this, only say that if you have not read it, do. It's a pretty light read, but really helps to explain the difference between truth and non-truth.

A Long Fatal Love Chase. Where do I begin with this. This is a book by Louisa May Alcott, the writer of Little Women. It was discovered years later in her memoirs, and published. It's a fascinating book, yet not what I expected her to write. I felt like I was reading a book written about 20 years ago, not in 1866, which was before she wrote Little Women. The basic plot is about a woman pursued by her ex-lover, a relentless stalker, through many countries and places. It's intense. There aren't any risqué scenes that I can recall, but there are several things implied. I'd recommend reading it if you are of a mature age, and mature enough to handle the material. Also, the ending is sad...which I liked, but if you want a happy ending, don't read it. :)

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

Sadness... I guess I won't be reading "A Long Fatal Love Chase."

Allie said...

it is a good book, but like I said there are some things implied, it's intense, and I really had to keep checking myself to make sure I was reading a book written in the 1800's. :) If you want to borrow it and get your own opinions, you're more than welcome to.