BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 19, 2009

Mere Christianity/Pursuit of Holiness

So I fell slightly behind on reviews for this past week, so I'll combine a few of these together.

Mere Christianity should definitely be read by Christian and non-Christian alike. It lays out in a very easy to read format the basics of Christianity. I think that reading it has definitely helped shape my views of Christianity and has enabled me to be able to share my faith with other people by understanding what I believe. And I can express it in words so the average person can understand.

Pursuit of holiness....wow. I was supposed to read this book my senior year for debate, but I never got around to it. I wish I had read this back then. The gist of the book is that holiness is something we must strive for. This gives so many practical suggestions in how to achieve holiness. He really covers how God calls you to be like him, not like others. He gives several examples of things you can do to worship Him more. IF anyone from the old tcc days is reading this, it begins to remind me of a discussion we had on the forum about the beauty in small things. Just like small things contain beauty, the small things that God gives us can draw us closer to Him and closer to holiness.

2 comments:

Euphreana said...

Oh yeah, I remember Pursuit of Holiness. :D It was a good read.... And I think you've convinced me to pick it up again.

Jonathan David Page said...

I think I need to read that one again too. Thanks for reminding me of it!